July 06, 2005

Olympic Sized Rant


2012_big
Originally uploaded by infinite.
The announcement of the Olympic bid has unleashed Tourette's syndrome in my household today. Call me a cynic but the prospect of increased traffic in London coupled with the knowledge that London has a habit of running things shabbily isn't something that makes me want to start training for olympic ping-pong. I'm sure it will be good for the kids and will hopefully inspire some of them to get involved in sport but what will happen afterwards? The huge arena's and centre's will probably shut down and they'll be out playing footie in the street as usual... don't even get me started on the higher taxes that Londoners are gonna be hit with. Maybe it's age but I aint impressed with the way this city is run despite my love for it's people and culture. The Millennium dome was a pile of poo, congestion charging is a joke, London transport is as shite as ever and you're lucky if you don't suffocate on the tube, the Live8 concert was shabby and our schools and youth centres are under resourced. What hope is there that the 2012 Olympics will work?

Answers to grumpygirl@gettingoldandcynical.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home