August 02, 2010

Ce Jour La

Reading Willy Ronis' Ce Jour La (in French I must add!)- beautiful black & white photos of Paris and other parts of Europe; they inspire me to go out on the streets more often capturing. Whilst I am largely a candid photographer of the same school of thought as Ronis (I guess) I still have a desire to make portraits yet still haven't gotten over my dislike / fear (whatever it is) of approaching strangers and asking for photos as for example Oleg Tolstoy (thanks to Foreign Beggars for linking to this guy on their facebook).

That said, I do feel myself getting closer and closer to people, barriers stretching and if I could speak the language, I think there'd be little problem. So here's hoping that my next visit back to London (soon!) will be fruitful in terms of street portraits.

In the meantime; here am I back in Paris after 2 weeks in the French countryside where I learnt how to eat properly, sitting on a wall at Hotel De Ville waiting for a friend and watching the world go buy. At this time of year, the Parisian world is largely non French and ever so slightly quieter.

Ce Jour La

watching the world go buy



this looks strangely as if the lady has been cut out and put there
DSC_0037cr

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home